Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday #7 11-30-12

     Man, this week was nonstop homework. I wasn't necessarily behind but I had to juggle chemistry, Spanish, and history(and even then I didn't do any Spanish homework because its not worth that many points). High school is all about playing the system if necessary. Anyway we had chemistry notes almost every night, and I have no idea why they take so long to do! There is a lot of pausing, writing down, and un-pausing. The notes  covered chapter 4, I want to say there was about 5 different notes. Thank goodness that I can pick up Spanish so quickly if need be, we had a vocabulary test on Thursday and I had no time to study! The only time I had to study was the five minutes for passing period and the five minutes the teacher gives us to review, but I know I at least got a B+. In history we basically did the same old, we had to write a half page summary of 1 section of the chapter and I wrote a full page (mostly on accident there is a lot of information).
     There is a lot I have learned but maybe not fully understand in chemistry...yet! Like electrolytes, I really don't know why we learned about them, other then maybe net ionic equations and solubility. The notes covered a lot more, i have learned about Net ionic equations, which is basically the equation of what reacts in a reaction. Metathesis reactions, which aided in determining the probably products of a chemical reaction, like combustion, single replacement, double replacement  composition, and decomposition. and of course redox reactions, which is short for oxidation reduction, and that is all about following electrons in reactions. History is passing on, I've learned plenty of things about World War 2. We are learning various military tactics that all the countries used, German sub warfare and how the U.S. used radar and airplanes to combat it. And also the less military impact of it such as, the governments involvement in the economy, issuing rations, encouraging Americans to cut back on things like gasoline.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/powers_of_persuasion/use_it_up/images_html/ride_with_hitler.html
The war effort during World War 2 was probably the single greatest war effort. Here is a fun fact: Did you know movie maker Mel Brooks Fought in the "Battle of the Bulge." And out side of class I know two new words "Hangry" the feeling of being so hungry that you are irritable, and "amn't" mostly used in Scotland it is the contraction of am not.
     I plan to start to prepare for all my end of course exams by studding over the weekend with the aid of the local library, maybe get Chemistry for Dummies or something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment